BlackBerry BB10.1 Update Has Been Released for Developers
Apr 19, 2013
BlackBerry BB10.1 update has been made available for developers, sports a bunch of interesting features.
Promised to be released simultaneously with the BlackBerry Q10, the BB10.1 update has reached the hands of developers. Although it’s still in the early alpha build, the full force of features is already known.
The update is scheduled to reach the Z10 BlackBerry casino tool as soon as the Q10 sees the light of day (naturally the Q10 will come with the update preinstalled.
Perhaps the biggest role in the update is taken by the HDR photo capabilities, the APN editing support, PIN-to-PIN messages, pasting for the dialpad, and enhanced notifications for a variety of apps. In any case, the BlackBerry mobile casino device will run faster and smoother once the update comes.
Below you can find further features of the BB10.1 update that have been revealed so far:
- Text Highlights on the keyboard go green, instead of blue
- Text Picker improvement, allowing easy moving left and right between letters
- Sharing menu goes black
- A bunch of brand new help demos and walkthroughs
- Select All for broadcast messages enabled
- Users can now turn off alerts for specific apps
- Phone can be fully unlocked at lock screen using the power button
- BlackBerry World received coupon redemption options
- Installed apps can now be opened from with BlackBerry World
Although the official release date of the update has not been confirmed yet, our guess is that it won’t take much longer, especially after the developers have already received it.