Blackjack Tips and Tricks
It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting to learn about the ins and outs of blackjack or if you are looking to brush up your skills – here are some of the best tips and advice from players who have enough years of experience to know better.
While some of these might seem obvious to those with some blackjack background, you would be amazed at how normally intelligent players often let go of common sense in all the excitement of the game.
Commit these to memory and you’ll be sure to leap over less sophisticated players.
Tips and Tactical Advice for Winning at Blackjack
- Remember that even after you have mastered basic blackjack strategy and black jack card counting techniques, it is impossible to win all the time. Blackjack is a statistical game and professionals know that to win big means playing lots of hands, riding out fluctuations and perfecting their skills to achieve an overall advantage.
- Card counting is an effective way to gain an advantage over the house, but it is extremely difficult to do properly. More importantly, counting cards in blackjack while playing online is useless, since most games shuffle the deck after every hand.
- Playing multiple hands against the dealer does not provide a statistical edge – it’s really no different than playing for a longer period of time. It certainly speeds things up, but it doesn’t increase your chances of winning.
- Know the blackjack lingo. If there is a term used in blackjack that you don’t understand, you need to find out what it is. Blackjack is an easy game to learn, but it takes some time to master. Find out all about insurance, surrendering, and all the rest before you put money down on the table.
- Never stop learning, never stop practicing. Even if you think you have perfected your game, you can always improve. Check out new strategies, new games, and new ways to play.