- An Incredible Blackjack Variant
- Up to 2,000 Times your Stake
- No Additional Side Bets besides Buster
Buster Blackjack is one of the most exciting blackjack variants in the iGaming industry.
BlackjackChamp Editor's Rating
In this Buster Blackjack analysis, we take a look at the rules that you need to know about Buster Blackjack. Essentially, Buster Blackjack is a blackjack variant that uses the exciting ‘Buster’ side bet. Read on to learn more about Buster Blackjack and how you could win a rewarding payout from the side bet.
Buster Blackjack Analysis: An Introduction
In Buster Blackjack, the same basic blackjack rules as standard roulette are used. Buster Blackjack is a variant of the traditional game of blackjack. The objective of the game is to beat the dealer’s hand by having a hand value of 21 or as close to 21 as possible without going over. In certain variations of the game, players will find multi-hand Buster Blackjack, where they can command up to five positions. Typically, Buster Blackjack is played with six decks of cards. The RTP of this game tends to stay around 99.50% but may vary from one version to another.
Buster Blackjack Rules: How to Play
The rules of Buster Blackjack are fairly simple. The aim is to get as close to 21 as possible without exceeding. By exceeding 21, the player or dealer ‘goes bust’. When going bust, the player or dealer automatically loses the round.
When playing Buster Blackjack, all numbered cards keep their face value while Jack, Queen and King are all worth 10. As for Aces, they are worth either 1 or 11. To form Blackjack, the strongest hand in the game, players are required to combine an Ace with a 10-value card. Once the player has set their stake, a round begins by clicking on the ‘Deal’ button.
A Round of Buster Blackjack
- Players make a wager before the start of the round.
- The dealer deals two cards to each player and two cards to themselves, one face up and one face down.
- Players can then choose to ‘hit’, ‘stand’, ‘double’ or ‘split’.
- Once all players have finished their turn, the dealer reveals their face-down card and hits or stands according to the rules of the game.
- If the dealer busts, players who have not bust are paid their winnings based on the original wager.
- If the dealer does not bust, then the hands are compared, and players with a hand value higher than the dealer’s are paid their winnings based on the original wager.
- When the dealer and player have the same hand value, it’s a “push” and the player’s wager is returned.
- In some variations of Buster Blackjack, players have the option to place a side bet called “Buster Bet” which pays players who bust out of the round.
- Some casinos have different rules on splitting pairs, doubling down, and insurance.
The Player’s Choice
When playing Buster Blackjack, the player will have the chance to do one of the actions after receiving their two initial cards.
- Hit – the player receives another card. There is no limit on how many cards the player can receive.
- Stand – the player chooses to keep their hand as it is and not add anymore cards.
- Double – the player receives a single additional card, doubling their bet in the process.
- Split – the player has received two matching cards and chooses to split them. The two cards split into two separate hands that are played independently. When splitting, the player doubles their bet.
Ten Card Charlie
The Ten Card Charlie rule is also in use in Buster Blackjack. When a player has ten cards in their hand without going broke, they have won Ten Card Charlie. If this occurs, the player wins without regard to the worth of the entire hand. The Ten Card Charlie loses if the dealer has blackjack.
Always hit on a 16 or lower and stand on a 17, the dealer will. A regular victory pays 1:1 if the player’s total exceeds the dealer’s or the dealer loses all of his or her chips. A 3:2 reward will be given to the player for any Blackjack wins.
Buster Blackjack Payouts
The payouts for Buster Blackjack can vary depending on the specific casino or online game, but typically follow a standard set of rules.
- Blackjack will pay 3:2 on the original wager, meaning that a player that bets $10 will receive $15 in winnings.
- A player’s hand that beats the dealer’s hand will pay 1:1 on the original wager, meaning that a player that bets $10 will receive $10 in winnings.
- A player’s hand that ties with the dealer’s hand is a push, and the player’s original wager is returned.
- Any losing hand to the dealer’s hand loses the original wager.
Additionally, Buster Blackjack also has higher payouts for the Buster side bet. The payouts can vary from 2:1 to 4:1 to 18:1 to 50:1 to 250:1 to 800:1 to 2,000:1. Thus, players that have bet on the Buster Blackjack side bet with a $10 wager can win up to $20,000!
It’s worth noting that the house edge on Buster side bet is typically higher than the main blackjack wager, so players should weigh the potential payout against the increased risk before making the side bet.
It’s always best to check with the specific casino or online game before playing to make sure you understand the payouts and any variations that may be in place.
The Buster Bet
The side bet is one of Buster Blackjack’s most thrilling elements. The player has the option to wager on the side bet before any round begins. If the dealer fails, this will pay out. Another crucial factor is how many cards the dealer busts with. The prize increases if the dealer busts with more cards. The full pay table is shown below:
- If the dealer busts with 3 or 4 cards, the payout is 2:1
- When the dealer busts with 5 cards, the payout is 4:1
- If the dealer busts with 6 cards, the payout is 18:1
- When the dealer busts with 7 cards, the payout is 50:1
- If the dealer busts with 8 or more cards, the payout is 250:1
Furthermore, players can also benefit from the Buster side bet if they have a Blackjack hand. With a winning Blackjack hand, the pay table is:
- If the dealer busts with 7 cards and the player has Blackjack, the payout is 800:1
- If the dealer busts with 8 or more cards and the player has Blackjack, the payout is 2000:1
How to Improve your Chances of Winning
The basic strategy for Buster Blackjack is similar to traditional Blackjack, with a few variations to account for the Buster side bet.
- The first and most important rule is to always follow basic strategy. Basic strategy is a set of rules that have been developed based on the mathematical probabilities of the game and will give you the best chance of winning.
- Always hit on a hand value of 16 or less and stand on a hand value of 17 or higher.
- Always split Aces and 8s.
- Double down on a hand value of 11 or less when the dealer’s upcard is a 4, 5, or 6.
- Always take insurance when the dealer’s upcard is an Ace.
It’s worth noting that the above-mentioned strategies are based on traditional Blackjack, and some variations of Buster Blackjack might have different rules or payouts which will affect the strategy.
It’s always best to check with the specific casino or online game before playing to make sure you understand the rules and any variations that may be in place, and adjust your strategy accordingly.
The Bottom Line
We hope that this Buster Blackjack analysis has given you an insight on how to play the popular blackjack game. When playing Buster Blackjack online, keep in mind that you can drastically improve your winning chances by betting on the result of each round. We hope that you have enjoyed reading this Buster Blackjack review. For similar reviews, have a look at the best online blackjack games to play.