- Awesome Graphics and Theme
- Exceptional graphics
- No Side Bets
European Blackjack from Nucleus is one of the go-to game for you.
BlackjackChamp Editor's Rating
European Blackjack is always a fun game to play. The rules of the game are very easy to pick up and so is the way of playing. Within this European Blackjack by Nucleus review, we take a look at all the details in this title. You need not worry about anything else. Tune in to this review to find all the need-to-know details about this online blackjack game.
European Blackjack by Nucleus: An Introduction
First and foremost, European Blackjack by Nucleus is an awesome online blackjack game. Essentially, the game follows the same rules as European blackjack with a few adjustments here and there. For instance, this game is played with 6 decks and puts you up against the dealer. The good news though is that you can take up to 3 positions for this game, making it a Multi-hand European blackjack game.
There are a few things to note when looking at this game. When it comes to the dealer, they must always stand on 17s. This does not matter if it is a soft 17 (with an Ace that can be either 11 or 1) or a hard 17. They will always remain on 17. In addition, you must try and beat the dealer’s hand, by getting as close to 21 as possible without going bust (22 and up). Next up, we look at a few features of this game.
European Blackjack by Nucleus Characteristics
Essentially, we take a look at the overview of the game. This means looking at what traits the game has as a whole. Later on, we will clarify these traits in greater detail:
- European Blackjack by Nucleus follows the standard Las Vegas Strip rules
- The deck is shuffled after every hand
- You may only split once
- After splitting, you can double down
- You are only allowed to double down on 9, 10 or 11
- You can split up into 2 hands
- There is no late surrender
- The dealer only draws 1 card at the start of a hand and does not draw any more cards until after the players have finished all of their hands
- The player loses total bet, including after doubling or splitting, if the dealer has Blackjack
- On insurance bet wins, double and split wagers are not returned to the player
- The game is played with 6 decks
- Dealer must stand on all 17s, regardless of whether they are soft or hard
- The minimum bet is 1.00
- The maximum bet is 50.00
- You cannot split unlike 10 value cards – for instance a Jack and King
When it comes to visuals, we must say, European Blackjack by Nucleus is not something to write home about. Everything about it is crisp and clear, definitely not an issue. But it certainly does not compare to other European Blackjack games, for instance, the ones by Microgaming. Perhaps we’re a tad spoilt, but we think that if this game took a little bit more care with its graphics and layout, it would be a far more attractive online blackjack game.
The layout of the table is a strange color, that appears to be rather lifeless. But if you can see past that, the logo and rules of the game are written on the table. You will also see three positions on the table, as this is multi-hand European blackjack.
Sitting below the table, you will be able to adjust your bet. This is done by using + and – buttons to scroll through your chip options. The chips can be 1, 2.5, 5, 10, 25, or 50. To place a bet, select which chip you want to use and then click on the position you want to put the bet onto. There is also a turbo mode to make the gameplay run as fast as possible, practically skipping the animations of a dealer dealing the cards.
When it comes down to rules, European Blackjack by Nucleus is not all that difficult to grasp. Essentially, you have the option to hit and stand on every single hand. If however, you receive two pairs, you will be able to split.
Splitting will allow you to take an additional hand. In fact, if you have aces, you can split and take cards to potentially get 21. Unfortunately, it only counts as 21 and not as blackjack.
For doubling down, you will be able to do so if your hand amount to either 9, 10, or 11. If so, you will be able to double down, which is essentially betting double your wager and hoping to get paid out even bigger!
You may also place insurance bets. These will allow you to get a little bit back if the dealer reveals an Ace. If so, simply place an insurance bet that only costs half of your initial stake. You will receive a 2:1 payout for a successful insurance bet. The insurance bet pays out when the dealer has a face-down ace and still receives a blackjack. If you and the dealer both have blackjack, the insurance bet results in a push.
As mentioned before, the dealer is required to stand on 17s. Thus, if they have a 16, they must hit, regardless of whether that would be a good decision or not. The dealer must follow the rules and not play the game itself.
The pay-outs in European Blackjack by Nucleus are not that difficult. Essentially, they simply follow the standard payouts that are used in most online blackjack games. Thus, blackjack pays 3:2, Insurance bets pay 2:1 and a standard win pays you even money at 1:1. That is all there is to say about that really.
European Blackjack by Nucleus Strategy
The good news about this European Blackjack game is that you can even find a strategy listed in their rules tab. Essentially, they have listed the following for playing European Blackjack:
- If the dealer’s open card is 3, 4, 5, or 6, you are required to hit on 11 and low or soft 17s and lower. When you have 12 and higher, or soft 18s and higher, you should stand.
- If the dealer’s open card is 7, 8, 9, 10, face card, or Ace, you should hit on 16 and lower or on soft 17s and lower. However, in this case, you should stand on 17 and higher or soft 18s and higher.
- If the dealer’s open card is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7, you should split among 2s, 3s, 8s, and Aces.
- If the dealer’s open card is 8, 9, 10, face card or Ace, you should split on 8s and Aces
- If your first two cards are 11, you should double if the dealer has anything except Ace
- If your first two cards are 10, you should double. Except, if the dealer shows a 10, face card, or Ace.
- If your first two cards are 9, you should double if the dealer’s open card is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8.
These are not a formula for guaranteeing wins, they simply may help you in the long run. You may want to take a screenshot of this section when playing. After all, it was made to give you a basic online strategy to beat the dealer. In addition, you can also check out our online blackjack strategy chart for additional options.
The Bottom Line
To conclude this European Blackjack by Nucleus review, we must give it up for the software provider group. The provider did well in introducing this card game and it is very different from other blackjack variants. Especially as you can take up to 3 positions. This is certainly one of the best online blackjack games you can find on the net.
We hope that you have been convinced by this European Blackjack by Nucleus review and are ready to start playing at King Billy Casino. Please remember that it is advisable to play the free play mode at first. That way, you will get a feel for the game before signing up and receiving those dealt cards.