How Blackjack Strategy Charts Can Help You Win at a Casino
Strategy charts show you the right moves for every situation and the secret to winning at blackjack is memorizing these basic rules.
If you’re going to play at a regular casino but you don’t know which game to pick, blackjack is one of the best choices you can make. This popular card game will offer you pretty good chances of winning, but you’ll have to put some effort into it.
The outcome of blackjack doesn’t depend on sheer luck. It takes some knowledge to win this game and this can work to your advantage. Unlike other casino games, where luck can dictate whether you win or lose, learning a few things about this card game will actually put you in control.
The Internet is a great resource if you want to learn more about casino games, but sometimes you can get lost in all that information. So where should you start? Try learning about how to use basic blackjack strategy charts. It might sound complicated, but once you get the hang of it your chances of winning will increase.
Some casinos allow players to use charts when playing blackjack, although this is considered quite “unprofessional”. This is a card game that plays fast and having to consult your chart with every move will slow down the game for you and everyone else at the table. This is why it’s recommended to do your homework before actually heading to the casino.
Take your time, do some research, practice at home and you’ll be ready for the real deal in no time. Until then, here are a few basic tips which will help you improve your game:
1. Most people will tell you that your main goal has to be getting as close as possible to 21, without going over. Don’t listen to them! Blackjack is not about getting high numbers; it’s about beating the dealer. This is why your biggest concern should be not to bust, because when you go over 21, you know it’s all over for you. The second thing you should worry about is either outscoring the dealer, or having him bust.
2. If you want to play blackjack properly, you’re going to have to memorize the basic strategy, so prepare yourself for this. It might seem difficult, but if you’re going to play like a professional and not like an amateur, this is very important. Not to mention it will be 100% worth it on the long run. You’ll find the basic strategy chart here.
3. Practice. A lot. A good way to do this is to have your blackjack strategy chart right in front of you and play free blackjack online. The more you play, the sooner you’ll get used to the game and if you choose free games, you’re not even taking any big risks. Also, you’ll have your whole chart memorized in no time.
4. Soon enough, you’ll be ready to move on to basic card counting systems. You won’t be able to apply these strategies online, because these techniques can only be applied when playing the traditional card game. However, counting cards is a very useful skill that will greatly improve your chances of winning.
5. Sometimes, you’ll feel like the strategy chart is failing you and the truth is that no strategy chart can be 100% right every single time. But this is only because the rules of the game may differ. In order to figure out what the correct basic strategy is, you have to consider how many decks of cards you’re using and the set of rules you’re playing by. Then you can stick to the chart and you’ll see that this will work in your advantage in the long run.
Blackjack is not a game where you should base your decisions on hunch and strategy charts were created based on computer simulations and mathematical calculations. Learn to understand them, memorize them, practice and you’ll become a blackjack champion!